Tuesday 2 February 2010

Wherever Life Takes You

Some time in January, I had a phone call from Michelle and she informed me that Kristy Harris from Far Flung Craft had asked her and a few other scrappers to come out with layouts or altered items to be displayed at CHA 2010, which just ended a few days ago. And guess what? Michelle then asked Jessy, Nadhrah and ME!!! How cool is that?? Even if I couldn't be at CHA, my work will be showcased at the FFC booth. What a splendid opportunity!!

I can't thank both Kristy and Mich enough for this golden opportunity and I hope that FFC did very well at CHA in Anaheim.

I submitted 6 layouts, all using beautiful FFC patterned papers. I will post those layouts one day at a time because I don't want to bore you with picture overload, and also it'll give me a reason to post something on the blog everyday.. ;D

Here's the first layout:









For this layout, I used patterned paper from the Meiji line. Love the colour combo of black red and yellow. Reminds me of fireworks.

I went with a pull-out journaling mainly because it's a long quote and I didn't have anywhere else to put it. I once read an online newspaper article written by one Brad Carmean with the same title and was very taken with one paragraph. It goes..

"Life could take you on a smooth ride or a rough one, across the sea, close to home or six feet under. You just don't know where it will take you. So just work hard on what you can control and don't worry about what you can't. The fact that you don't know where you will be down the road is why you need to enjoy everything you can now, no regrets. "

So I decided to adopt that paragraph as the journaling. You can read the whole article HERE.

I'm off to bed now. Thanks for dropping by...

Target : 100 layouts
Done: 4 layouts
To do: 96 layouts

6 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Awww... Yatie!! I heart that journaling and it is very meaningful!! I love your layout and DD looks so pretty :)

Naddy said...

beautiful LO yatie... and yes beautiful journaling too... congrats again on being "there" at CHA :)

Гульнара said...

Yatie, I'm impressed!!!
and already waiting for the other layouts!)))

Sasha Farina said...

this is so pretty!!

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, everyone. Other LOs will be up one at a time :)

Henri said...

Greatt read thank you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails