Sunday 28 February 2010

A Right To Your Dreams

On this last day of February, I decided to make one more layout, making it 8 altogether this month, which gets me right on track of creating 100 layouts for this year.

This is right off the scrapping table and it's for Scrapping The Music challenge 123, with the song 'Better Way' by Ben Harper. Although I didn't actually made the dateline, but thought I post it here anyway.







I used my one and only border punch for that beautiful black border. I've had it for the longest time but seldom use it, and certainly not this way. The upper part of the title is also punched out from Core'dination cardstock, which I lightly sanded before punching to get a soft distressed effect.The green circle I cut out by hand from a thin chipboard sheet. Then inked with Pine Needle distress ink and embossed with Shabby Shutters distress embossing powder.

I also stamped the flourishes on a tranparency and cut out, which is way simple than stamping on paper with black ink and cut out. The doiley papers were spritzed with Maya Road Mists; one light and the other with very heavy misting. Cut out the border of one and stacked them together. And inked the edges with Black Soot distress ink. I love how they turned out.

The layout was made using one of the sketches by Beggahuna. She makes beautiful sketches and I feel like making LOs based of all her sketches. This one I used is one from her 2009 file. Please go check it out. I'm sure you'll love them.

Thanks for dropping by and have a good week ahead!!

Materials used:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, Core'dinations. Patterned papers: Scenic Route Paper Co, Prima Marketing, Bo Bunny. Alphas stickers: Collage Press. Stickers: 7Gypsies. Flowers, stamps and blings: Prima Marketing. Brads: Making Memories. Journaling card: Jillibean Soup. Others: Tim Holtz Distress ink pads, StazOn ink pad, Tim Holtz Distress embossing powder, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, border punch, alpha punch, doiley papers, Maya Road Mists.


Target: 100 layouts
Done: 16 layouts
To do: 84 layouts

4 comments:

Chowchow said...

OOohhh - I love this layout so much as you have used a circle in it. Somehow I find that circles "finish" off the 12 x 12 layouts so much.

I am not on the right track for the 100 lo target. Need to work harder and hopefully I can get myself back on track.

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, Mich!! Yeah, I like circles too.. or rather I like rings in a layout.
Go and check out Beggahuna's blog. Lots of sketches with cirlces. You'll love it!!
Don't worry, babe.. you'll make the 100 target by the end of the year. I'm sure of it.

Amelia Khalik said...

Salam n hello yatie. This is my first time here, but i've seen most of ur work at various scrap blogs. Ur work is such an inspiration to me, i'm very new with scrapping..just started about 4 mths ago and still learning this n that. I just love all ur lo's..they're so beautiful! :)

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, Amelia. I'm so honoured that you would consider me an inspiration. Most times I don't even know what I'm doing but just go with my instinct...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails