Friday 5 February 2010

Draw Me A Map - Let's Get Shabby Challenge #8

Here's a layout I made for challenge 8 in Let's Get Shabby. Since it's February and it's the month of lurvve..... this month it's all about Valentine's. The challenge is to include "a letter/s or note/s that you've written or been written by you or others living or passed".

Interesting right? Sure is!!

So here's my take, of which I included a hand-drawn road map that hubby did when we got engaged. It was to show the way to his parents' house. Me and my parents were going for a visit for the first time and I made him draw me a map.









Ok, technically it's not a love letter or note but I've kept it all this while, and I didn't feel like publishing our love letters to each other (hehee!!), so I guess this will do. I had it laminated in the hope that it will always be preserved.

I also included a picture of us. I can't make a layout without a picture in it...

Materials used:
Patterned paper: 7Gypsies, Basic Grey, Bo Bunny. Journal and die cut cards: 7Gypsies, Making Memories, Jilibean Soup. Chipboard clock: Heidi Swapp. Flowers blings: Prima Marketing. Cardstock border: Crate paper. Metal heart: Making Memories. Pearls: KaiserKraft. Rub ons: Hambly, Maya Road. Others: Maya Road mist, lace, leaf trinket pins, TH Distress ink pads, Ranger alcohol ink.


Target : 100 layouts
Done: 7 layouts
To do: 93 layouts

13 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Aww... you kept the map he drew!! That is so precious, you are one sentimental gal & I like!! In love with this layout, very shabby looking - the flower clustering is just perfect :)

Julie said...

great page I love the little map you included. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

Ruth Philps said...

What a fab story about the map and that you kept it all this time is even sweeter!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby:)

Becky Moore said...

I love the layout and think your map is perfect. A memento of something you won't ever forget.

Chowchow said...

That's way too cool Yatie. That map must be 10 years old now? Most precious and I love the lo.

Deb said...

A gorgeous layout and such a great idea to include the map.

Naddy said...

Such a precious LO yatie... and the fact tht u still keep the map, awww so sweet... the memories right... :) wish u both many2 more happy years together :)

Toni said...

Oh This is so neat!!!! Luv the map!!! Thanks for playing with us at SHABBY!!!

Jenneke said...

SO sweet that you still keep that map...
Love your layout, great details!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby!

XXXJenneke

zandra said...

Beautiful layout love the tucked in heart. Great take on the challenge.
Hugz, Z

Kirsty said...

That is seriously sweet that you kept the map that he drew! I love it :)

Timcso said...

Your page are beautiful! Love the colours, the details and the map!:)

Thanks for playing with us at Shabby!

Hugs, Tímea

Lou said...

Gorgeous take on the challenge! Love your LO!
Lou xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails