Thursday 18 February 2010

New Do

Aaaanndd... I'm back again with Twisted Sketches. It's week 37 and the twist for the week is WOOD, any way any how. Please go HERE to see the sketch and some excellent samples from the DTs.

This is my take:





Using Webster's Pages: Nature's Storybook to create this page, I have to say that I'm proud of myself because to me WP is one of the most difficult papers to make a layout of. I don't know why but I just find it so. And this time I managed to use not one, not two but THREE different papers from the collection. That is such an achievement for me :D.

Anyway, it's a simple layout with just cut and paste techniques. The wooden flower, broken in half is from Kaiserkraft and I left it plain so that you can see the natural wood colour.

Thanks for dropping by.

Materials used:
Patterned papers: Webster's Pages. Alpha stickers: American Crafts. Wooden flower: Kaiserkraft. Others: embroidered ribbon.

Target: 100 layouts
Done: 13 layouts
To do: 87 layouts

9 comments:

Frances said...

This is such a lovely layout! Such sweet pics!

Kirsty said...

This is gorgeous! I loev how you have used the WP papers!
(I also find WP hard to use...I always buy them because they look gorgeous, but soooo tricky to use!)

Jessy Christopher said...

I heart this layout especially the placement!! Aww... She still look pretty even with a shorter hair-do!! Love it

Chowchow said...

Beautiful layout Yatie babe. Like you, I am a little daunted by Websters but I love the pps esp after you scrap them. They are so feminine and elegant. Lovethe layout. N looks v happy.

nancy said...

Yatie! this is sooo incredibly lovely! and I completely agree with you on how difficult it is to use Webster's Pages....they are almost too pretty to use....I have the very same problem....I have tons of them....hardly ever used! Sensational layering and cut-work on this!!!

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who finds WP a little intimidating to use. But you all are so right.. the papers are too beautiful NOT to buy..LOL!!

Star Rork said...

very beautiful boy page! love how you used flowers & butterflies but its not girly!

Vanessa said...

lov lov this page..it is just gorgeous!!! I think this is one of my faves of yours..stunning!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!! I love WP but I just used twice!! but I love it!!
Love your work!! you are a great scrapper!!
Lidia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails