Sunday, 30 December 2007

My {Indian} Princess



This is a layout that I did using a kit supplied by Scrappingville. I must say that the items are all so lovely that I was so ecstatic I wanted to start right away. These are the items I received


The only thing I didn't think would go with everything else are the plastic flowers. All the others seems so like Laura Ashley kinda designs; you know very flowery, English country colours kinda designs. So I didn't use any of them. But I love, love, love that velvet ric rac.

Here I stamped a design on a notepad with watermark ink and colour the green and pink with chalk. I love this technique. Being able to mix colours in a stamped image.


The diecut flowers are great. The have extra petals for layering, which I used double sided foam tape to add dimension. But first I stamped the whole flower with watermark ink and sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat. The result is an impressive glassy finished.


I also used clear embossing powder for the word "indian" which would make it stand out a little.


I haven't sewed a button on a layout in a while. Most times I just stick them with glue tape and I'm done. So thought I would sew 6 buttons here.


Lastly, thanks Michelle for recommending me to Scrappingville, and thanks Sharon for giving me this chance. Hope you like it.

2 comments:

Wati Basri said...

such a lovely layout!great use of the kit :)

Yatie said...

Thanks, Wati. The kit had such lovely stuff..:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails