Friday 28 December 2007

Capture Life Create Art

I'm trying my hands at altering art. It's when you take something and alter it into a piece of art. I was browing through Scrapperlicious' blog one day and come upon an altered jigsaw puzzle. Click here to see her gorgeous work. I was so inspired and I decided to try my hand at it. So last night I cilok Nadiah's old puzzles and painted them with acrylic paint. I had started with a 4-piece puzzle but Nadiah happened to see me painting on her puzzles and decided to join in. So she got out a 6-piece one and wanted to paint on it too. We painted it with Making Memories Acrylic Paint - Razzleberry and left it to dry overnight.

This morning, I get Nadiah to stamp flowers using Making Memories Foam Stamps which I have not used in a long time.



Then we stuck some pictures of her and embellished with flowers, stickers, chipboards and brads. I remember Ali Edwards' favourite words which are "Capture life. Create art". I thought that the words were just right so I titled the piece just so and we were done.



These are the pictures of each piece










2 comments:

Chowchow said...

Nicely done Yatie. Its always nice to include the kids when we are doing stuff. I am sure she enjoyed it.

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, Michelle. Yup, we both enjoyed it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails