Sunday 9 December 2007

ATC

Artist Trading Cards or ATC is defined by Wikipedia as "individual art miniatures which pass hand to hand. Their current popularity among artists and hobbyists was sparked by M. Vänçi Stirnemann, who began trading sessions in Zurich, Switzerland, in 1997, and popularized ATCs via the internet"

I understand that the only rule for an ATC is that the size should be 2.5" x 3.5", which is the same size as a commercial trading cards such as baseball cards. The 'artist' usually sign and date the back of the card and generally made for trading purposes.

For the first time I am taking part in a trade hosted by Scrapperlicious in Scrap-n-Crop Forum, which will be between 12 participants. I guess I am one of the 'artists' :D. Am very excited to be part of this ATC swap and have been giving it a lot of thought of what my card would be like. I'll post here when they are done.

In the mean time, I have also been eyeing the 7gypsies ATC Revolving Holder



See what it looks like when it's full of ATCs (or any sort of cards really) on Leah Fung's blog here. How COULD I resist???


I've got more links for you to check out what is ATCs

1) Cedarseed - Art In Your Pocket: ATC
http://www.cedarseed.com/air/atc.html

2) Weekend Stamper, Happy Emilia
http://emilytwn.blogspot.com/search/label/ATC

3) The 100 Themes Gallery for an ATC on Crafters.org
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=156173.msg1557586#msg1557586

4) Ed's Artist Trading Cards
http://www.geocities.com/edsatc/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i finally did my atc... tapi simple aje ehehe

Chowchow said...

Ever the shopaholic Yatie. I love the stand but I was told that its very expensive. Is that true?

Yatie Tajudin said...

Well,I saw that in the US the recommended price is around $30. It would definately be RM100++ over here. I haven't included it in the wish list in the forum. Not sure whether I REALLY need it or not. But I reckon I'll proly will feel that it's a "must have item" by the time I get all the ATCs.. LOL!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails