Friday 18 February 2011

A Gift Of Love

Hello, hello.

I am back on this lazy Friday, currently sitting on the floor outside the bathroom waiting for Nadiah to finish her swim in the tub. We were out at the pool earlier and then it started to rain, so she decided to continue her swimming in the tub. Plus I figured I'd better update this blog while waiting before she makes a grab for the lappy.

Anyway, as I mentioned in my previous post, I'm going to share a new layout that I made using a new technique. Well, new for me anyway. It's not that good yet. This is my first try and I'm going to try and try until I get it. This layout is inspired by Anna Dąbrowska -Pękocka or Finnabair and she is a DT with Tattered Angels and Prima. Her work is absolutely amazing. She does this grungy, steam punk effect with her Glimmer Mist and I am blown away by her work. You can see her mixed media work HERE.

This is my 'version'. Please remember that this is my first take and it's a little messy because I think I over gessoed.








I don't really know how she did it. Not sure if she did a tutorial on this particular technique or not. I'm just trying out what I THINK she did. The only thing I got right are the masking.. :D. But I like what I ended up with though. It's a start but I will definitely try to play around with it some more.

So go check out Anna's amazzzzzzingggg work!!!

11 comments:

somebody who needs to love herself said...

Oh wow!! This is a stunning layout. Love the rich colours you used. Thanks for sharing.

Amelia Khalik said...

OMG!!!!! Beautiful work yatie!!! I am amazed n blown away!!! ooohhh wow..truly gorgeous!!! :)))))

Chowchow said...

This is gorgeous and I have to say that you have been coming up with more and more beautiful layouts. Yatie - you are on a roll and a gorgeous roll it is. :)

Jessy Christopher said...

I think this is extremely gorgeous! Even this is your first take :) love the yummy details for sure!

Nadhrah Maidin said...

when i saw this on facebook, my jaw dropped! It was beautiful la yatie...immediately capture my heart. I love every details, how you interpret Anna's idea into your own style. Such a great work dear

dining room tables said...

I like the colors so much. Very perfect for this month! The love month!

Mazlina said...

yesssss this layout is beautiful!!! it's truly unique.. dont know how u do it but the effects are mesmerizing! do continue to brush it up then u can teach us.. :)

Naddy said...

oh my sooooo gorgeously done yatie....

Blossom inch said...

nicely done Yatie, it is not over gessoed pun. I like it...so unique.

Hilde said...

O wow it's gorgeous!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

OMG!!! This is amazing Yatie!!!!! I love the clustering!! and the colour combo is so so so gorgeous!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails