Thursday 15 January 2009

My Baby

This month there are three challenges to try out over at Brunei Scrappers Forum (BSF), all are hosted by Vivs. The first is to alter a recycled package or box or anything. I digged and digged around my space and finally found an old K&Co chipboard box. It has a see-through window on the front which I though would be great to pop a photo inside the box.

So I adhered paper to cover the front, distress and blend some ink and stamped on it. Added some flowers and leafy cut outs. Added a heart-shaped felt and a crown with blings. Got out my glittery chipboard Thickers, and voila!!!




An old picture of Nadiah when she was about 6 months old. Ooohh.. those chubby cheeks!!

Anyway, this project didn't take me too long to do and I don't think it is worth 3 layouts. So I'm going to equal this to 2 LOs. Which makes 13 LOs so far for this year.

Materials used:
K&Co Amy Butler Chipboard Alphabets box, white Bazzill cardstock, K&Co patterned paper, Prima flowers, Making Memories button, American Craft Thickers chipboard alphas, Fancy Pants Designs felt heart, Fancy Pants Designs clear stamp, Stamp-It rubber stamp, StazOn Ink pads, Tim Holtz distress ink pads and some blings and lace.





Target: 100 LOs
Done: 13 LOs
To do: 87 LOs

8 comments:

Chowchow said...

This is too cute Yatie. Love it so much. Funny how Nadiah resembles you so much here...

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, Mich.
Who else would she resemble if not me??

MariaFaizal said...

Yatie, what I like is the position of the crown which placed gloriously on top of baby Nadiah's head. So cute!And her skin, just flawless like yours!

Do you remember (were you my classmate during form 1 or 2?), I remember one of the teachers (can't remember her name)complimented your complexion & flawless skin overall?

And, at the time I was quite active in sports and, gheee... my skin.... (i don't mind having dark or i'd rather put tan skin here - born wz it anyway :), but it was sooo oily that we could fry fish or whatever else needs to be fried using it! Ewwww....

heheh

Have a great day Yatie & muahhhhhsss Nadiah.

Yatie Tajudin said...

OMG!! Kimi, are you sure you've got the right person? I don't remember having neither good complexion and flawless skin nor do I remember someone complementing on it.

If you remember correctly, I too was active in school with God knows what after school activities we used to have. I had my share in the hot sun, same as you did.

Definitely wasn't me with the flawless skin. But thank you for remembering me in such a good light... hehee!! You're very sweet!!

peata said...

aww, that's a cutie

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, peata!!

Jasmin B said...

this is total cuteness!! love this altered box a lot!!
Really makes a lovely frame...thanks for sharing the idea! Will rummaged through my scrap drawers to look for empty K & Co boxes!

Yatie Tajudin said...

Yes, yes, do try and alter the box, Jazz. The see thru window makes it a cool frame. Although I still don't know what to put in it.. hee!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails