Monday 10 January 2011

Beads And Sequins

Do you know that January is the month of hobby? Just imagine how important is it to have a hobby that people actually dedicate a whole month to it. Most people don't just have one hobby but several, including myself. So this month at Scrap-It-Lah, we are celebrating hobbies, ones that are other than scrapping. But there's a twist to the challenge. You not only have to create a layout about our other hobby, but you must include some element of that hobby in your layout. For example, if you like shopping you can include the tags from your purchases or if you like reading, then you can add book pages to the layout. Cool huh?

You can read more about the challenge details and look at the awesome examples from the DTs HERE.

Anyway, here is my take on the challenge where I scrapped about beading embroidery. I actually embroidered beads and sequins and pearls on the layout.

I used Prima's stitched paper for this layout which is thin enough that it is easier to stitch on.








I tried to used as many fabric or lace for this layout to keep with my 'sewing' theme. That red velvet is not velvet paper but actual velvet materials that I've got lying around.

Do hop over to SIL blog and take part in the challenge. You'll be in the running to win a very yummy RAK from me.

Materials used:
Patterned paper: Prima Marketing. Alpha stickers: Webster's Pages. Journaling card: Fancy Pants Designs. Others: ribbon and lace, velvet material, beads, sequins, pearls and blings, Tim Holtz distress ink, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.


Before I end though, I would just like to say a very warm welcome to SIL new DT member, Sharmandeswari, who has join the line up of talented DTs. Welcome aboard, Sharm and hope that you'll have a splendid time creating with Scrap-It-Lah!!!

6 comments:

Blossom inch said...

wow! Yatie what a gorgeous beading work you did, you are so good in this. It takes a lot of patient to do this thing la...anyway thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Beautiful page and beading! You are so talented.

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Beautiful layyout! I love how you incorporated the beading into it! Simply sweet!! :)Thank you for the warm welcome dear I'm certain I'll have a fab time with u sweet ladies at SIL! :)

Naddy said...

gorgeous LO yatie... always amazed at your creations :) miss ya xx

Sandy Ang said...

Stunning beading, it's like jewellery work !

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thank you, everyone!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails