Tuesday 16 June 2009

Flower For You

I was browsing through my Facebook this morning and saw that Wati found a new sketch challenge site called Twisted Sketches. It's not a usual sketch challenge site because every sketch has a twist to it.

For June, the sketch is

And the twist is that we have to incorporate a ribbon in our layout. Interesting? Definitely!!
The best thing was, when I went over to see Michelle's new blog entry, I realised she and Jessy also did the sketch. Great minds we all have that think alike... LOL!!

Here's my take. Using Basic Grey Porcelain and Bittersweet papers.



I twisted the ribbons around those beaded chains.


Can you see my little birdie in the cage?


Printed the photo in black and white and again in colour. But cut the coloured flower out and used foam tape to adhere on the B&W photo to give the flower more emphasis. Nadiah made that flower in school and presented it to me on Mother's Day. How sweet!!!


Materials used:
Patterned papers: Basic Grey Porcelain and Bittersweet collection. Cardstock: Bazzill Basics. Chipboard elements: Basic Grey. Chipboard alphabets: American Craft. Flower: Prima Marketing. Pearl: Kaisercraf. Eyelets: Making Memories. Clear acrylic stamps: Prima Marketing, Lil' Davies. Ink pad: Tim Holtz Distress ink. Ribbons, beaded chain and leaves from local shop.



Target: 100 LOs
Done: 95 LOs
To do: 5 LOs

13 comments:

Chowchow said...

Yatie babe - this is so beautiful! Great job babe...

Wati Basri said...

lovely take yatie!!

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thank you, ladies!!

Naddy said...

beautiful LO yatie! love love the bird cage...

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks.. I really labored over it.. :D

Liza said...

This is beautiful Yatie! I like what you did with those birdcages and that little bird inside. Cool! How sweet of Nadiah!

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, Liza :D

Unknown said...

Great take...hahaha...i guess everybody are into sketches now

yyam said...

This is lovely Yatie!:)It looks like a lot of work with the birdcage....

iza said...

soo sweet.the color was nice n the design was beautiful.

Vanessa said...

I just love your layout for the sketch..it is beautiful!
And I see you made the dt..awesome!!
Vanessa

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, ladies for the comments.

Nadhrah: Yeah, I guess it's easy and fast to scrap to sketches. Sometimes we're too lazy to think on our own :D

Yvonne: Yup, very intricate but well worth the effort!!

Iza: Thanks, Iza.

Vanessa: Yeah, I did. Just saw that it's up on the blog this morning. Will announce it here soon. Thanks and hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh! I reli love ds bleach color pink LO of urs..ugh. So BEAUTIFUL. Thumbs up gurl ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails