Monday 8 March 2010

Just Plain Happy

I've been waiting and waiting and finally it arrived yesterday. What is IT? It's my first Swirlydoos scrapbook kit. Woohoo!! I've been browsing around for a kit club for some time now and finally decided to subscribe to Swirlydoos. The items that I get in the kit just shouts ME!!! Lots of flowers, flourishes, blings and with manufacturers like Prima, 7Gypsies, Creative Imaginations, amongst others, who could resist.

If you go to Swirlydoos Forum, there will be lots of challenges, tutorials and a bunch of fun stuff that can help you use up your kit just in time for the next month.

So the first layout that I did is based on a sketch that was included with the kit. The sketch is designed exclusively for Swirlydoos by Begahhuna.










Every single item I used in the layouts comes from the kit. Well, except for the photos and the pink cardstock I used to mat 2 of the photos. Pretty stuff huh? That plain maroon coloured paper behind the photos and that I cut into a borber is actually velvet paper. It's so beautiful!! The back of the velvet is paper and so it was easy for me to draw the waves and cut into a border strip.

I just added some distress ink to the paper, flourishes, ric rac and chipboard alphas and some distress stickles on the flourishes to give some texture.

Thanks for dropping by.

Target: 100 layouts
Done: 20 layouts
To do: 80 layouts

9 comments:

klavu said...

lovely...

Yatie, how many LO u did last year?

Yatie Tajudin said...

Hi klavu.
I think I made around 80 but last year's challenge included altered projects and mini albums and that got me to 100 quite early. This year it's purely 100 12x12 layouts.

Jessy Christopher said...

What a beautiful layout you created!! Love the diamond to emphasize the photos... clever! Love the kit you got... yummy stuffs in it :)

Chowchow said...

Yatie babe - you just keep growing strength to strength. Love all your latest layouts so much. Keep up the good work babe!

Monique Liedtke said...

What a beautiful layout Yatie!! Love how you did that border!! I have some velvet pp too but never knew what to do with it, now I do! thx! Now I'm going to check out your kitclub!!

Ulla said...

It´s soooooo LOVLEY!!!!

Wati Basri said...

such a lovely layout...and the little princess look so happy on those pics :)

Darien said...

This is A Really Gorgeous lo!!!! You did Amazing!! Beautiful arrange of flowers!!!!

Liza said...

Love this Yatie! All the details are just gorgeous - the distressed edges, the cluster of flowers & chipboards, and yes, that background velvet paper! Lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails