Sunday 11 October 2009

Gadget Girl

I was browsing around for a new challenge site to make a layout and came across Dreamgirls Challenge blog. The challenge for this months sounds interesting and decided to give it a try. This is the challenge:

Prompt: Bring out the eyelet love! Use at least 10 eyelets on a layout and get down with your old school self!
Technique: Doodle - Doodle a border or frame or swirls on your page
Product: find a way of sneaking in a Bird or Owl onto your page

I used my new set of Sassafras Lass Sweet marmalade collection for this layout. It's a pretty and colourful line but mainly I used the border strips. I love those...



8 eyelets here as the flower center...


another 2 on the blue flower which I tied a string through. There's the owl... and I doodled about 3/4 around the photo. So that meets all the requirements for the challenge.




I've actually sprayed a pink and a green Maya Road Mist on the paper and if you look closely, you'll see that I painted some white acrylic paint around the photo.

Well actually, I have to admit that I am horrible at doodling. I think I've said that on many occasion before this. I absolutely suck at it! So the white paint is really my idea at covering up the disaster that I made with my first pitiful doodling attempt. The second try was slightly better, I think...

Another reason I love doing this challenge is that I get to use my Crop-a-Dile for a lot more than just punching holes!!


Materials used:
Patterned papers: Sassafras Lass. Stickers: Sassafras Lass. Alpha stickers: Basic Grey. Chipboard scroll: Bo Bunny. Owl transparency: Fancy Pants Design. Brad: Creative Imaginations. Eyelets: Daidy D's, Making Memories. Others: Acrylic paint, Distress ink pads, Maya Road Mists.

3 comments:

Naddy said...

Pretty LO yatie... Love how you used the border strips...

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, Nad :D

Lynne Forsythe said...

Yatie.........BEAUTIFUL JOB!!! Thanks for playing with DreamGirls!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails