Wednesday 16 July 2008

Where Has All The Curls Gone?

When Nadiah was born, she was blessed with the loveliest curls ever to grace a head (ok, this is her mommy talking so of course I would think so!!). As she grows older, her curls started to straighten and once she had her first haircut, it began to totally disappear. So much so that I've been asked by my in laws if I had her hair rebonded. Yeah... like I would let people mess around a four year old girl's hair with chemicals... not to mention that she wouldn't have sat long enough for them to put clips on.

Anyway, her hair is now as straight as can be with a little curl on the ends. So I decided to scrap about this with a picture of her when she was about two a a half years old and her hair looking like maggie mee :D.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

I used the new Core'dination cardstock. Each piece of cardstock has a core colour which "coredinates" with the surface colour. That means when you sand it or tear it, a different colour will appear. In this layout, I tear the edges of the fuchia cardstock. Then I scrunched it up and stick it onto a black Bazzill cardstock. Sanded the peaks developed from the scrunching and lightly ran a charcoal ink pad. The effect looks cool!!

You can purchase Core'dination cardstocks from Scrappingchix. There are soooo many other colours available.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow lovely! nice LO yatie...love the effects... :)

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks. I'll have it sent to you once I've done the others...

Anonymous said...

no prob yatie :) tqvm... :)

Chowchow said...

Yatie - this is so beautiful... Nadia had such beautiful curly locks then...

Yatie Tajudin said...

My pleasure, Nad.

Thanks, Mich. Yeah.. but very difficult to brush coz they get tangled up. That was one of the reasons I had it cut :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails