Tuesday 1 March 2011

Who I Am - A Mood Board Layout

Hello everyone!

It's already March. I can't believe how fast time flies by us. Before we know it it's June and then it's September and then what do know, it's time to get ready for the new year again.. :D

Anyway, a new month means a new challenge over at Scrap-It-Lah. For March we are playing with mood boards. What's a mood board, I hear you ask? Well, a mood board is a type of poster design that may consist of images, text, and samples of objects in a composition of the choice of the mood board creator (from Wikipedia). For this challenge, we would like you to create a 12x12 or 11x8.5 layout based on a mood board, using elements you would find in one.

Please go HERE for more information and look up the fantastic examples from the DTs.

Here is my take of the challenge:

I made this mood board layout about Nadiah and add in all the things that she likes at this moment. She loves crayons (which I nicked from her collection without her notice :D), animals, ice-cream, cupcakes, puzzles, arts & crafts, hot air balloon, music etc etc. All of which I have incorporated in the layout one way or another.

Here are some of the close ups.. (sorry, picture overload)








I have to say that in the beginning I find it a difficult challenge but once when I've started to figure out what I want to make it about, everything started to come together and that was the result. I had a lot of fun making this layout and hope that you will too.

So head on over to SIL and take part in this challenge. The RAK that you're in line to win is absolutely yummy!!


16 comments:

Blossom inch said...

gorgeous layout Yatie, I love all the things that you collected and put them together in this layout! Love all of it! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

babe...I love your mood board.love all the layering..so cooolll... Im so inspired now.. :)

Liza Yahya said...

Thanks for popping my blog : ) This is mood board is really great! It's funny n loaded with cool stuffs.

Jessy Christopher said...

I seriously love your moodboard!! Such a fun concept and it is filled with awesome elements of what N likes!! You are one smart mummy :)

Mazlina said...

WOW Yatie.. this is just.. WOW! so many things to see and so many details!! even in the closeups there's so much to see.. love love how things come together.. also like the way u used jigsaw puzzles and real crayons in it too! awesome!

Amelia Khalik said...

Gorgeous work yatie!!! I esp heart the crayons!!!! Hahaha..make sure u hide this layout from nadiah! lol. :)))

Raechelle Bellus said...

this is amazing! It's so fun and full of texture and wonderful things to look at!

Naddy said...

beautiful LO yatie, love all the layerings... so much details, lovely!

yyam said...

You did a fabulous job! So many yummy details on this one! Love those crayons!

Kat said...

love, love, LOVE this!

Rosa said...

I luv the details and the things you add on, esp the crayons. Great work Yatie! TFS!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

I love to mood board to bits Yatie!! all those embellies are so sweet and coordinate so well!! love how you put so much thought into and the crayons and jigsaw puzzle pieces.. such a cute idea!! :)

Nadhrah Maidin said...

so nice to see different faces of nadiah. i hope she is all well. Great combo colors for the layout. def an eye catching LO.

Emily D. said...

Wow... this layout is awesome! I love every little thing about it!! Those crayons are such a great touch!

winnie chia said...

i love this! love the crayon that you used in this layout! very prettyy!

Lou said...

Absolutely STUNNING Mood Board LO!! I love it to pieces!!!!
Lou xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails