Sunday 18 July 2010

A Layout of Quotes

I started this layout based on the sketch from Pencil Lines sketch 193. I love the sketch because it has a small area for a photo and it's way up there. Which is something I've never done before.



This is what I came up with:



I'm loving how the tearing and inking effect came out because they kinda look like the "fires of hell" in my title :D. So that's a plus!

Those written words are rub ons by 7Gypsies and I've had that for the longest time because I've been saving it for something special. I guess this layout is special.

The title of the layout is a quote from my favourite book series. Don't you think that's true? To have gone through hardship and adversity and to have survived, only makes you stronger. And to survive the most intense of hell on earth, makes you the strongest individual.

Some acrylic paint effect using a bottle cap and bubble wraps. And the dots are rub ons from Pink Paislee.

At first I only wanted to title the layout with the quote. And as I was looking around in my stash, I found some 7Gypsies stickers with lots of quotes and so I made it into a layout of quotes and sayings.

Materials used:
Patterned papers: Pink Paislee, October Afternoon. Rub ons: 7Gypsies, Pink Paislee. Stickers: 7Gypsies. Chipboard alphas: Creative Imaginations. Inks: Distress inks - Tumbled Glass, Rusty Hinge, Black Soot. Acrylic paints: Alpha. Acetate frame: Luxe Designs. Bow deco: Meslissa Frances. Others: Glimmer Mist

Target: 100 layouts
Done: 48 layouts
To do: 52 layouts

8 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

I love this alot, prob because of the various ways of playing paint!! Very bold colors and that title is really awesome!!

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, Jessy! I love how it turned out too!!

Amelia Khalik said...

Woowww yatie..i heart this lo so much. A lot of techniques on display. Great one! :)

Lynnda said...

wow... this is a great inspiration!!...very creative and brilliantly done...awesome...xx

klavu said...

wow... (u really wow us) I love it very much, ur painting technique, colour combination, clever layout and also the quote u chose..everything =D

Blossom inch said...

I love the techniques you used on this layout...kena ajar ni...

Cheers
yuzz

Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks, ladies!!!

Alamak.. Yuz, seriously there was no special technique for this layout. I promise you. You can do it too.. just stamp2 ngan acrylic paint je!!

Naddy said...

Love this LO yatie... Love how you play with the paint... the LO turned out to be very artsy... cantik!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails